Monday, February 25, 2013

Design for Media: "Project DuBoe"

For the pipeline project in our Design for Media class, I'll be working as the Documentary Director for "Project DuBoe." Project DuBoe is a book trailer for the Grimm's fairy tale "Snow White & Rose Red." The story is about two children named Snow White and Rose Red. These children befriend a talking bear during the winter. When summer comes, he warns them about an evil dwarf. The girls wander the forest and on several occasions helped a dwarf in trouble who is rather ungrateful. One day the bear kills the dwarf and turns into a prince. The prince and Snow White get married while Rose Red marries his brother. For a more detailed summary, click here. For the full story, click here. For the official group blog, click here.

As the Documentary Director, I will be responsible for making sure the crew and I create a thorough "making-of" video. That might be the better way to describe it. The documentary will be about the stuff that happens off camera which goes into making the final product. It will be my responsibility to thoroughly document the process through video and present it in a way that is professional, short and intelligible so that someone who did not work on the project can get a sense of the work that went into it. Overseeing my work though are Molly Mickley, who is the head of editorial, Lindsey Spitz, who is the production manager and Beth DuBoe, who is the director of the project. Clicking on their names will take you to their personal blogs.

While I don't have any visuals in the form of pretty pictures, I do have a scan of the notes I've been taking to help in forming a final plan for the documentary and what needs to be done for it.
The scanner used could not capture the whole page, but I believe the ideas are still present. These are just notes of my thought process though and will be polished and refined for the final plans and guidelines which will be typed up to be more legible and professional. That is all of the updates I have for this project at the moment, but if you would like to see more I highly recommend that you visit the official project blog at http://projectduboe.tumblr.com/ for more behind-the-scenes information.

No comments:

Post a Comment