I ran into some issues with my network over the week. It would not let me use the cutter tool as I had for the previous post with the walk cycle. It was an easy fix, but it was also something easy to mess up. My issue was that I forgot to vectorize each layer when I imported the backgrounds. This caused each shape to stay solid black instead of revealing the connected texture. I was lucky to catch this problem early because it meant I lost less work and it would be quicker to redo it all. To get an idea of how much work went into making just that one background, here is a screenshot of its network:
Each shape and texture is connected to a cutter module and each shape is attached to a peg which are organized in a hierarchy in order to manipulate their movement easier. There are easily 40-50 parts to this network being managed and organized so that the final looks just right.
Just like last week, a bunch of textures were made for this background to create the style I want for this animation. Here are the textures and what they're used for:
3. Flower Stem:
7. Sun 1:
8. Sun 2:
I made some sketches and plans for the animation which include rough timing for the sleeves and of the dramatic look-up with a lightning effect:
There was a to-do list written on the side which was a best case scenario. With the network issues I had, I was still happy to get the backgrounds and most of the textures completed. This will allow me more time to work on the other parts of the animation. Hopefully by this time next week, I'll have an almost completed animation!