Monday, April 15, 2013

"Wonderland" character design and style test

This last week, I've been making some progress on my "Wonderland" animation. My time has been spent creating a final character design and creating the textures that will be clipped onto her. Here is the progression of my final design  for the central character:


I tried keeping as much of the original design as possible, but I did change some aspects such as no longer having a scarf and the addition of bows in the hair. After I had a final design, I took different aspects of her and made some texture paintings which will be used to fill in those parts. I made 6 so far for her and there might be need for 1 or 2 more for her shoes and belt. These are what I have so far:

1. eyes:

2. coat:

3. hair:

4. leggings:

5. button:

6. Bow:

I then took these textures I made and applied them to a sample walk cycle of the final character to get an idea how each texture works for what they are meant to do. Here is that sample walk cycle:

video

"Wonderland" is coming along fairly well thus far. I'm sticking with the storyboard I had before, although I may shorten the opening and closing sequences based on time restraints. I should be working on  the rough animation, the backgrounds and the rest of the textures this week so expect to see samples of those by next Tuesday at the latest.




No comments:

Post a Comment